4 DAY 4WD KAKADU/ARNHEMLAND EXPERIENCE
- Duration: 4 Days (approx.)
- Product code: 4KLD
- We start our Kakadu tour by heading straight for a wildlife cruise with crocodiles and bird watching. Fantastic photo opportunities.
- Then we commence the drive toward Kakadu National Park.
- A picnic lunch on the East Alligator rivers bank (not too close!) with the opportunity to spot some crocs and flying foxes.
- Then on to the world famous Ubirr Rock in the north of the park. Ancient rock art and staggering 360º views over the Nardab floodplain.
- Dinner and camping under the stars in the heart of Kakadu at our safari camp.
Toilets and Showers at Garnamarr. (L,D)
- After breakfast we do some 4 Wheel driving to Twin Falls. From here we take the escarpment walk to the top of the falls for a swim in the crystal clear pools away from the crowds.
- Then we’ll find a shady spot by Jim Jim Creek for some lunch.
- A short climb up Budjimi Lookout will reward you with spectacular views of the ancient Arnhemland escarpment.
- After lunch, a 1km walk through monsoonal vine forest to the base of Jim Jim Falls for a relaxing afternoon swimming in the plunge pool and resting on the beach.
- Tonight we camp at Garnamarr, at the base of the escarpment. Tonight we replenish ourselves with the Great Aussie BBQ including a taste plate of Crocodile, Buffalo and Kangaroo.
- Showers and toilets available. (B,L,D)
- An early start as we head to the Warradjan Cultural Centre to learn more about the local Aboriginal people of Kakadu.
- We then make our way to Barramundi Gorge (Maguk) for a 1km walk through towering paperbarks and crystal clear waters for a refreshing swim in the plunge pool.
- After a relaxing afternoon we drop you off at your accommodation in Jabiru where you can relax, regroup and get ready for 2 more days of adventure. (B,L,D)
Accommodation at Jabiru.
Territory Expeditions has arranged tonight’s accommodation at Aurora Kakadu Lodge. This is a resort style caravan park with a magnificent lagoon style pool, which is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and is complemented by the Poolside Bar & Bistro. Upon arrival you will be given a tent, swag, dinner and breakfast vouchers. The camp site is unpowered so be sure to bring a torch.
- You will be picked up from your accommodation at approx 8:30am for the start of an unforgettable experience.
- Today we visit Aboriginal Lands (Arnhem Land) access to this area is restricted to a select group of tour operators.
- While you are in Arnhem Land a traditional Aboriginal guide will show you excellent examples of rock art on Injalak Hill (Long Tom Dreaming), this area has some of the best rock art examples in
- Western Arnhem Land and some say Australia.
- The view from the top of the hill is simply breathtaking, looking out across the floodplains and around the escarpment
- When we farewell our Aboriginal guide back at the Injalak Art & Craft Centre there is an opportunity to browse or purchase goods from this non-profit Aboriginal organization.
- This afternoon we are privileged to have access into the valley, with its stunning scenery of billabongs, birds, escarpment this is truly a place where you can escape and experience this unique untouched haven of the Northern Territory.
- Returning to Darwin approximately 7pm ending this amazing Kakadu tour. (B,L)
Itinerary may be done in reverse at Guides discretion.
All itineraries are subject to change without notice due to seasonal and extreme weather conditions, national park road or attraction closures and cultural commitments from Traditional owners. All tours must be reconfirmed 24 hrs prior to travel.